Tourney pages idea
- Could you draw up an example using an old cup's results? I'd like to see what it looks like when it's filled out. Fractalzoom (talk) 19:32, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
I'll be doing the Spring 2012 page, that one should be easy enough. Everything else will be someone else's job.
- I'm not sure if the template bracket for the knockout stage (8 team knockout with third place match) is up on the wiki so I'll check and upload that for you if not. Thanks for the help. Fractalzoom (talk) 23:39, 22 November 2013 (UTC)
I don't understand what the goal is with updating team icons but I want to help. I can work on /ck/'s icon ensuring that it stays relatively the same but still uniform with the work that you're doing. --AntacidCanada (talk) 23:12, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, I'd appreciate your help. Allow me to explain the reason for recreating icons. Before the wiki was completely wiped all icons were 50x50px (with one or two rule-breaking exceptions). The reason icons should be 50x50px is because not all templates use the 25x25px size, the main examples being the Player of the Week and Featured Team templates as well as occasional use in the site notice which appears at the top of the page. Since only 25x25px icons could be recovered from page caches of the wiki after it was wiped, it's bothersome to recreate 50x50px icons. There's no rush for the job to be done but it's best that it is done eventually.
A lot's been made of this icon issue, it was never my intention to forcibly impose a design on anyone. I also had nothing to do with M3OWMlX's designs other than thanking him for bringing them up to 50x50 spec, with the assumption that he'd sought permission from the boards in question to make redeisgns (thus avoiding making the same mistake I did).
Since you're of /ck/ you can make a new icon in whichever image you like - it doesn't have to match with anything I've produced and it can even look exactly the same as it does now. The only condition is that the icon looks relatively "tidy" (either a well-defined square or circle are ideal, a bad example would be /fit/'s current icon). If the icon is difficult to get into that sort of shape then placing a 1 pixel grey or black border around the icon helps to define the space. Thanks for your help! Fractalzoom (talk) 10:13, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
Fractal, while you're looking into icons and such, could you whip up a quick one for /wsg/ that's just the tie part of the logo, nixing out the "WORKSAFE GIF" part? I'd like to see how it would look. RollFizzlebeef (talk) 13:42, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- http://puu.sh/6KV89.png http://puu.sh/6KVcX.png AmandaBynes (talk) 15:57, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply, if you haven't taken up M3OW's offer then here you go. Fractalzoom (talk) 17:04, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- Based Fractalzoom RollFizzlebeef (talk) 00:47, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
Player of the week
- See my recently-updated user page! Fractalzoom (talk) 20:43, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
Any way we could get the relevant CSS parts necessary for TOC limit transwikied over here? It would be useful for helping navigate pages like Videos, etc. --Autocrat (talk) 14:55, 22 October 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks. It still doesn't seem to work, neither with the template nor simply using the HTML markup. Maybe there's additional dependencies that have to be ported over? Or maybe I'm retarded and don't understand the usage. --Autocrat (talk) 20:06, 22 October 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, I tried getting it working right away and wasn't having luck. You're right in thinking that the TOC for Videos is really cumbersome. A short-term fix would be to float the TOC to the right or having an alternatively shaped TOC. I'll ask those who may know more than me if they have any ideas, and I'll look into it a bit more myself, but in the short term I'm stumped! Fractalzoom (talk) 21:35, 22 October 2014 (UTC)