Rigged Wiki:News/Spring 18 Rules and Dates
We are very close to Spring and it is well past the time to set the rules, teams, format, dates, and future babby tournaments in line.
- The export based rules will not be changing from Winter. The response to Winter's rules has been positive and lead to easily one of the best Cups in recent memory so we are fine sticking with them for another Cup. We are aware that because it is still PES 17 this will stop seeming fresh faster than if it were a new PES and should 17 continue after Spring we will be looking at larger changes again.
- Teams should now send pre-match instructions (as a txt or Pastebin) to the host before the start of the matchday instead of before the start of their match. This will help the streamer move quickly through instructions and speed up matches without risking things get rigged. Not all things can be sent this way such as specific subs and those will still be fine for sending to the streamer in the pregame once conditions are shown. It is recommended but not mandated that teams use this template for more complicated pregame instructions.
- As part of the Eighth Founding the new teams /bant/ and /aco/ will be competing.
- /3/, /cm/, and /w/ will be competing as autopilots.
- Further teams can participate in Spring as long as they are fully prepared and contact me before the export deadline detailed in the below sections.
Should every team that is expected to play and every team that is in the process of reviving play then we will have at most 39 teams. Because we are so close to Spring we are committing to the 32 team babby plus qualifier structure, even though there is still a chance further unknown teams revive closer to the export deadline (free my nigga /t/). This is happening to correct the fact that we are two weeks from the first deadline and are only setting the structure and weekends of the tournament now.
Qualifier Deadline/Preliminary Babby Export Deadline: April 20th, 23:59:59 wiki time
Aesthetics Deadline for teams playing in the Qualifiers: April 21st, 23:59:59 wiki time
Qualifier Draw: April 21st
Qualifier Weekend: April 27th through to the 29th
Babby Final Export Deadline: May 4th, 23:59:59 wiki time
Aesthetics Deadline for teams playing in the Babby: May 5th, 23:59:59 wiki time
Babby Draw: May 5th
Babby First Weekend: May 11th–13th
Babby Second Weekend: May 18th-20th
Babby Knockout Weekend: May 26th and 27th
Future babby tournaments:
Many have expressed frustration at the opacity of the preparation for Spring so the following measures are being put in place for future tournaments.
- Eliminating the gap week in the babby+qualifier structure. This allows the two formats to have the exact same weekends which makes communicating the dates and making all needed preparations easier as they will be known with certainty much sooner.
- Setting a specific date for deciding the structure at the same time as the other dates are settled. This will let teams better understand the deadlines and reduce the kind of confusion and uncertainty that this Spring's preparation has brought. This date will likely be ~2 weeks before the first export deadline.