Rigged Wiki:News/Spring 2020 Format and Dates
Qualifiers Aesthetics Export Deadline: April 3rd, 23:59:59 UTC
Qualifiers Tactical Export Deadline: April 4th, 23:59:59 UTC
Qualifiers Draw: April 5th
Qualifiers Weekend: April 11-12
Babby Aesthetics Export Deadline: April 17th, 23:59:59 UTC
Babby Tactical Export Deadline: April 18th, 23:59:59 UTC
Babby Draw: April 19th
First Weekend: April 24-26
Second Weekend: May 1-3
Knockout Weekend: May 9–10
Sign-ups for the 2020 4chan Spring Babby Cup have closed and 36 teams have been accepted. Qualifiers will be run in order to trim the number of teams down to 32.
The 2020 4chan Spring Babby Cup Qualifiers will have 8 teams participating in 2 groups of 4. The two top-placing teams of both groups, 4 teams in total, will advance into the Spring Babby Cup. The Qualifiers will run over two days with six matches per day.
Babby Cup Format:
The Spring Babby Cup will be a standard 32 team cup consisting of two weeks of group stages and one weekend of knockouts.
- All stats for non-medal players, including GKs, will be set to 77.
- All stats for silver medal players will be set to 88.
- First Time Shot is no longer a free card for medals.
- COM Playing Style cards (Trickster, Speeding Bullet, etc.) now count among free trick cards for silver and gold medals.
- Double Touch and Crossover Turn are now added to the list of trick cards.
- The amount of free trick/COM cards allowed for gold medals will be increased from 1 to 2.
- GKs in the 185cm category of either height system will be increased to 189cm.
- GKs may be 194cm if using the green Height Advantage system.
Additionally, any new or match/day-specific audio, such as anthems or goalhorns, that were not included in a team's initial audio export placed on the Exports page or team's wiki page prior to the beginning of the cup must be sent to the streamer or audio export compiler no more than 2 hours before the beginning of the match day. This also includes any match/day-specific hype videos. Any audio or videos sent later than 2 hours before a match day starts will be ignored. New or match/condition-specific victory anthems are still okay to request and give to the streamer to play directly after winning their match.
Additionally #2, starting from this cup onward, teams will no longer receive a bye to the next Babby Cup proper just for specifically failing to advance from Qualifiers. Instead, byes will now go to all teams that have not played in any previous cup for six or more months. This change, which still includes teams that fail to advance from Qualifiers, will also allow new and reviving teams to start from the Babby Cup proper instead of needing to start in Qualifiers.