Difference between revisions of "/vg/ League 13 Signups"
(Created page with "This is a signup page for teams to play in /vg/ League 12. Signups will be open until May 16th at 11:59 PM UTC.<br> Signups are currently '''OPEN'''. We will take the fi...")
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
== Signups ==
== Signups ==
*This is where you actually sign up.<br>
*This is where you actually sign up.<br>
Revision as of 23:00, 17 October 2019
This is a signup page for teams to play in /vg/ League 12. Signups will be open until May 16th at 11:59 PM UTC.
Signups are currently OPEN. We will take the first 48+3 backup teams until May 17th.
Please read the following rules.
- Only teams that were accepted to play by their general may participate.
- Anyone can sign up the team, whether it is a fan or a manager. Rule 1 still applies.
- Managers should sign their posts (~~~~)
- You must have a team page prepared with a roster and team infobox filled out and a link to your proof of interest (archive link preferable) to verify signups. It does not have to be posted right away, but it must be before the registration deadline. Copy the team page from another team if you don't know how to do one from scratch.
- You do NOT need any managerial verification to sign up a team. However, if you want to manage your general's team you will need a quick verification through VGL discord. No webcam or microphone required, just a few questions regarding whether you actually browse the general will be asked.
- Returning generals also need verification, however their verification check will be more relaxed due to acceptance of previous entry.
- From now on it is required to inform your general that they are playing in a match whenever one is about to happen/happening. If you forget to do so one match or cannot post due to circumstances, a VGL council member may be able to cover you if told before hand. Failure to notify your general multiple times will result in a punishment.
- You may look at the old signup pages if you are still unsure on how to signup your general.
- /vglg/ I want /vglg/ to play in /vg/ League XXX. Here's out roster/discussion: (pastebin link, archive link, etc) (´・ω・`) (talk) 22:59, 17 October 2019 (UTC)
Becoming a Manager
While intimidating at first, the steps required to become a team manager are simpler than what most would assume.
Just follow these steps:
- Initial preparation
- Make sure your general has some proven interest in participating.
- Assign a name/trip to yourself for live managing purposes, and join the VGL discord to get verified.
- Put your name on your team's wiki page, or create a new one by copying another team's page if your team is new.
- Download Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 and the VGL DLC. Installation guide here.
- Wait for a Team ID to be assigned to your team before starting to assemble it. In the meanwhile read the Rules and the Tactics pages at least once to get an idea of can and can't be done. You can also use an empty invitational team slot to make a test team and try some tactics, or start working on aesthetics (don't worry about player IDs for now).
- Making a tactical export
- As soon as you get the Team ID, check the Team IDs table to find out its corresponding VGL team slot in the game.
- You can now edit the blank team's players to fit your team's tactics (don't use the "create new player" function). You can do this with the ingame editor, but using one of the savedata editors from the Tools page is recommended since they're quicker to use.
- Once your team is ready you can make a Tactical Export and check it for correctness. From the main PES menu go to Edit > Data Management > Import/Export > Export Team and export your team. It'll be saved as a TEXPORT file in your Documents/Konami/... folder.
Grab the AATF checking tool, read its readme, and use it to check your export. After solving any eventual errors the tactical part is ready!The AATF for the current VGL rule set will come at a later date. You will receive notification via the thread or discord when it is available.
- Making an aesthetic export
- Regarding aesthetics, you need at least three kits (goalkeeper, home, away) and a custom face for each of your players.
- Grab this starter pack. It has all the files you'll need to include in your export, but the main kit textures are white.
- To make new kits you can either use this simple kit creator or use one of these templates and edit it yourself.
Once you've made and saved three of them, open the three white textures in the Kit Textures folder of the pack with paint.net, then paste the kits you made into them and save as dds files with DXT1 and mipmaps enabled in the settings window that appears. g1 is the gk texture, p1 and p2 are the home and away outfield textures.
- Your kits are ready, but if you want to customize them further by changing the collar or pants type, for example, feel free to check the Kits guide.
- Lazy mode: Just edit the default faces ingame and give them different hairstyles (using the presets is even faster).
- Easy mode: Grab one of the card head or box head templates from this page and edit their textures with paint.net, pasting whatever you want into them.
- Hard mode: If you have some proper models you want to convert into PES heads, follow this blender guide instead.
- Once all of your aesthetics are ready, read the AET page to prepare an Aesthetics Export. Make sure to get the Note txt right.
- If you want, you can also grab the compiler from the bottom of the same page to check if you did everything right and see how do your kits and faces look ingame.
To make it accept your export you need to open the teams_list txt file and replace the team name next to the ID you want to use with your team's name as written on the Note txt.
And that's all there is to it. If you need further help, reach out to Denko or QD on the VGL discord.
/vg/ Reward Rules
This is all subject to change.
Roster position on the official /vg/ team is will be given to the teams that place in the top 22 in final rankings. First Place will be awarded the gold medal position, 2nd place will receive a silver medal position, 3rd place will receive the other silver medal position.
The general of the Golden Glove winner will have the option to have their rep be the starting GK for /vg/. On top of this, you may choose one of the following: have the /vg/ GK kit will be themed around your rep, have the /vg/ GK be themed around your general, or choose a sponsor to slap over the exsisting /vg/ kit.
Generals, please note that you may submit a list of favored positions that you'd like your rep to play. We'd prefer a list, 1-5 (1 being the position you would favor the most, etc.) on said positions. Note that the higher you place, the more likely your player will get the most favored position, meaning if you place 21st, you probably won't get any of the 5 picked positions as they could be completely filled by then, leaving me to put you wherever we need your rep.
Also note that the /vg/ management reserves the right to position medals if need be due to the fact that some positions just do not warrant a medal being placed there (i.e. >gold defender), or the fact that the choice would be illegal, or previously taken (i.e. GK medal, or Gold CF respectively).
- DO NOT SIGN UP HERE This section is only for teams that have had their POI checked and confirmed. Failure to follow this instruction the first time will result in a warning. Editing this section a second time could result in demotion to a backup team. Please leave this section for the VGL commissioner to edit only!
- This is where you actually sign up.